[TYPO3-dev] Understanding ext_tables.php

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP simon at rundell.org.uk
Wed May 23 10:18:59 CEST 2007

If I'm right, the stuff displayed from tt_content in the plugin
configuration is from ext_tables.php and looks like this:

$tempColumns = Array (
	"tx_pdtrainingcourses_display" => Array (
		"exclude" => 1,
		"label" =>
"LLL:EXT:pd_trainingcourses/locallang_db.xml:tt_content.tx_pdtrainingcourses
_display",
		"config" => Array (
			"type" => "select",
			"foreign_table" =>
"tx_pdtrainingcourses_coursecategories",
			"foreign_table_where" => "ORDER BY
tx_pdtrainingcourses_coursecategories.uid",
			"size" => 10,
			"minitems" => 0,
			"maxitems" => 100,
		)
	),
	"tx_pdtrainingcourses_coursecoordinator" => Array (
		"exclude" => 1,
		"label" =>
"LLL:EXT:pd_trainingcourses/locallang_db.xml:tt_content.tx_pdtrainingcourses
_coursecoordinator",
		"config" => Array (
			"type" => "input",
			"size" => "30",
		)
	),
);

The first array shows a "database relation" but only displays the uids to be
selected, when I would really like to display the field "coursecategories"
and store the uid. What do I change? Is there any documentation for this?

Fr. S