[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 21 23:22:49 CEST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 21:11:06 +0200, Thorsten Kahler wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3-dev] FORM element":

> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote on 21.05.2007 20:39:
> >> what's the reason that form data must be handled by the core on ANY page?
> >> Just for the redirect feature?
> >>

> > it is not important to handle the current page. tslib_fe handles all post
> > data and it can be handled.
>
> describing the current implementation ain't an answer to my question.
>
> > For php validation only page id of the send form has to be known to show the
> > form again.
>
> No. If the user is on a different page
> a) why and where should the form be shown?
> b) the TS setup of the page where the FORM originates from has to be
> available to generate the HTML form like it is on the original page.
>

> > It's simular to login, that can be postet from any page too.
> >

> There might be reasons to implement a login like that, but I see no reason
> to evaluate form data on any page of a website.

what about a pair of a form- and an action-content?

if you have a form-content which can call any page and an action-content
which can be called from any page you don't need to handle the forms on
every page and you are not restricted to handle a form on the original
page.

e.g.
you can build a complex actionhandling and can have different forms
distributed all over your site.

Bernd