[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 21 17:40:48 CEST 2007

Christopher Torgalson wrote: on 21.05.2007 17:13:

> Possibly a stupid question: could we not just use the compatibility
> condition to 'choose' between the existing form function and an
> entirely new one?

Yes, we could. But if we keep the changes "small", there is no need to
duplicate the same functionality. So maybe our "new form function" will
also be able to handle the "old code", so no need for a switch even. The
less stuff is handled with such a switch, the less ugly code we have in
core. So I am not agains using such a switch, but I don't feel well if
we have two complete distinct functions to handle FORM cObject ("new
way" vs "old way").

Cheers,
Ernesto