[TYPO3-dev] ADOdb extended dates prototype

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 21 16:37:31 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 21.05.2007 16:27:

>> - Having a client with a TZ setting on his machine and a different TZ
>> setting in TYPO3. Is this required? common? neeeded? What sense does
>> that make?
>
> Server is in Europe, client is in Asia. Maybe not common, but I know of
> such sites (intenranation corporations and organizations).

Yes, server knows its TZ, client knows its TZ (from the OS). Why would
the user want to specify a third TZ in a TYPO3 setting? That would be
like "my OS is setup to japan TZ, but I want to edit content as if I
were in Germany". That doesn't make much sense in my eyes.

But I think I understood Christophs extension wrong, it looks like only
the output-format is "configurable" per user. Read my last post about
that, as even that I think is not needed.

Cheers,
Ernesto