[TYPO3-dev] USER_INT doesn't output

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Sat May 19 00:12:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

"Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1179493518.17589.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Matthias Stuebner wrote: on 01.05.2007 17:57:
>
>>>      10.marks {
>>>           STATUS = USER_INT
>>>           STATUS.includeLibs =  EXT:ms_ctx/pi1/class.tx_ctx_pi1.php
>>>           STATUS.userFunc = tx_ctx_pi1->showStatus
>>>           STATUS.CMD=showStatus
>>>      }
>>
>> The mistake was that I was overloading the "userFunc" in a different
>> template.
>>
>> Nevertheless, that leads to the following question:
>>
>> Is there any ways how to control in which sequence markers are rendered?
>> The user_int above must be called AFTER the whole page is rendered and
>> all
>> code is executed. Is the only solution really to write a hook?
>
> USER_INTs are always called after all other stuff, because they are
> rendered separatedly from the whole TS-rendering process. This also has
> to be done after the page is cached. The "user-int" marks in the cache
> are processed after the page is fetched from the cache. The order of
> this processing probably happens in order they appear in the
> TS-rendering code. As these markers are "translated" to PHP arrays, the
> order should effectively be this in which PHP will transverse the array
> (with foreach), which basically means "first come, first serve". Reading
> the cObject code I can also see that subparts are rendered before marks,
> if that matters to you.
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

thanks for this explanations. For me this is one of the miracles and
difficult for planning.
Often i'm lost in the whole templates. I can use Object browser to find the
settings, but no idea where they are.
The analyzer shows linenumbers but no complete view.

What is the best way to get an overview knowing which object is before in
template, which tool helps most in understanding page render process ?
Or do i miss something build in ?

vg  Steffen