[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 18 14:26:10 CEST 2007

Francois Suter wrote: on 17.05.2007 10:09:

>> I know i could use mailformplus or others, but i would like to see a
>> more advanced Object in Core
>> Agrees ? Disagrees ?
>
> +1
>
> One particular point: implementation of styles is incomplete/incoherent
> making it difficult to get the desired look when styling with CSS styled
> content. I looked into this a while ago, but didn't have time to really
> make any changes.
>
> A bit more formatting options would be nice too, like the possibility of
> defining rows of form fields.
>
> Keep me posted when you start working on that.

+1 on that. Some time ago I had some "ideas" about it, but was stalled
when I hit the ugly cow of backwards compatibility:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2119

I would also love to see more "action" on that scene, but I think the
manpower to make that happen are already using stuff like FORMidable,
mailformplus etc. We miss people that need more flexibility and have
some free manpower to work on the issues in the Core solution.

Mainly that would first mean collecting a list of reasonable
"small-fixes" to the current FORM object that might be easier to
integrate into core. Getting some "major rework" on that area always
will mean some backwards compatibility restriction which makes them hard
for us to approve.

So I would love to support you on reviewing and/or commenting work on
that area, as I can judge more or less what we can bring into core and
what would be a "no-go" that needs more working on.

Cheers,
Ernesto