[TYPO3-dev] Not equal condition

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 18 14:18:39 CEST 2007

John Angel wrote: on 18.05.2007 13:23:

> I have multilanguage website with English and French. English articles are
> sys_language_uid=0, French are sys_language_uid=1.
>
> It is necessary to make French language default:
> - index.php should display French  version
> - index.php?L=0 should display English version
> - index.php?L=1 should display French version

Maybe it is easier to just make a redirect on every hit that has no L=
parameter to your "default" L. This has also the advantage that
redirecting with a 301 to a specific language, you won't get -1 points
on Google because you don'T have duplicate content anymore (L=1 and
without L).

Check out the extension rlmp_language_detection, which does just that
language redirection, but not jumping to some "default language", but
defaulting to the user-browser setting. Similar technique could be used
to jump to a default language, if the URL has no "L=" in it.

Cheers,
Ernesto