[TYPO3-dev] Not equal condition

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:23:45 CEST 2007

Hi!

I have multilanguage website with English and French. English articles are
sys_language_uid=0, French are sys_language_uid=1.

It is necessary to make French language default:
- index.php should display French  version
- index.php?L=0 should display English version
- index.php?L=1 should display French version

The same TS should be used for several sites, and not every one has the same
default language. There is a bunch of configuration parameters, so I cannot
copy everything for every new site.

Constants:
# Site default language should be French
language.default = 1

Setup:

# Setup English
config.sys_language_uid = 0
temp.datetime.strftime = ...

# Setup French
# If L==1 OR (is 1 default language AND L!=0)
[globalVar = GP:L = 1] || [globalVar = LIT:1 = {$language.default}] &&
[globalVar != GP:L = 0]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
temp.datetime.strftime = ...
[global]

This would work if != operator exists, but it doesn't.

Typo3 considers L=0 and L= as the same thing, cannot distinguish that two
cases. globalString also doesn't have != operator.

I did submit this:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4745

Any ideas for workaround?

Many thanks in advance,