[TYPO3-dev] XCLASS extension overriding core functionality?

Hartmut Plehn plehn at rz.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon May 14 17:50:58 CEST 2007

Stefan Galinski wrote:

> Hartmut Plehn wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently tried to define some TCA fields readonly and noticed that
>> readOnly=1 in the config section made no difference at all.
>>
>> I found that the corresponding code (function getSingleField_typeInput in
>> class.t3lib_tceforms.php) is not executed at all because it is overridden
>> per XCLASS extension in file class.ux_t3lib_tceforms.php of date2cal!?
>>
>> What can be done about this except not using date2cal or hoping that all
>> core changes are being cloned in all extensions using XCLASSes to extend
>> core functionality? In the case of date2cal it should probably ignore
>> non-date fields?
>>
>> Any hints?
>> Hartmut
>
> Hi,
>
> Please install the latest official version of date2cal. The XCLASS
> requirement was removed with the release of version 2.0.0. The current
> available version is 5.1.1 and uses wizards. Just one XCLASS is used to
> add missing javascript inclusion stuff in "db_layout.php" [1].
>
> [1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4340
>
> --
> Stefan Galinski

Thanks for your immediate reply. I was sure I had installed the latest
version from TER before posting my original message. When I checked right
now I noticed that I obviously had downloaded version 1.1.1. I have no idea
how I was able to access version 1.1.1 in TER!?

Thanks!
Hartmut

--
Hartmut Plehn, Universitaet Wuerzburg