[TYPO3-dev] add uploadfolder TSConfig ovverride possibility

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Mon May 14 17:06:17 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> stefano cecere schrieb:
>> i just filled this bug/request: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5623
>>
>> right now with TSConfig it is possible to override these config
>> parameters of a group field:
>>
>> group - size, autoSizeMax, max_size, show_thumbs, maxitems, minitems
>>
>> it would be VERY USEFUL to add 'uploadfolder'.
>
> But extensions depend on the value in the TCA. If we allow the
> uploadfolder to be overridden than eg plugins must load the page TS to
> render images.

good point.
right now mu extension uploads files (FE user uploaded files) to subdirectories calculated by a custom field in the category record... but if i edit those records via typo3, the files go to the wrong
directory.

it would be enough to add to the "uploadfolder" TCA some capabilities like "foreign_table_where" in SELECT type fields..
even also a ###REC_FIELD_[fieldname]###   ... do you think it's complicated?

putting the calculation straight in the TCA (and not in the TSConfig) should prevent all those problems, not?

stefano