[TYPO3-dev] XCLASS extension overriding core functionality?

Hartmut Plehn plehn at rz.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon May 14 13:26:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

I recently tried to define some TCA fields readonly and noticed that
readOnly=1 in the config section made no difference at all.

I found that the corresponding code (function getSingleField_typeInput in
class.t3lib_tceforms.php) is not executed at all because it is overridden
per XCLASS extension in file class.ux_t3lib_tceforms.php of date2cal!?

What can be done about this except not using date2cal or hoping that all
core changes are being cloned in all extensions using XCLASSes to extend
core functionality? In the case of date2cal it should probably ignore
non-date fields?

Any hints?
Hartmut
--