[TYPO3-dev] TS compiler

Fri May 11 14:37:50 CEST 2007

> One question then: Is semantics verification at all possible? I would love
> if it were - but I think the language is so diverse that a complete
> semantic analysis would be impossible?

Right. You can learn the syntax in 5 minutes, but you need monthes to
learn all semantics of TSref. For the compiler it's very similar. The
syntax is easily done. The semantics need probably a multitude of work,
resulting in the questions, who is motivated to do all this work, how to
motivate somebody, how to make it extendable by extensions.

To make it extendable and to keep the work on semantic low I think, one
shouldn't hardecode it all into the compiler but make it read from a kind
of configuration file for the semantics. But that requires to define an
additional grammer for this configuration file.

Some work has already been done by the definiton of objects, functions,
properties and data types for values. The configuration file would list,
what datatypes are allowed as parameters for witch property, wich property
is allowed in wich object etc. Semantic check would only be done for
objects and extensions, that provide such a configuration file. The other
parts could be marked as non checked.

> Do you have comtinued compilation, i.e. like "one error found" but tries to
> keep on analyzing? ;-)

Not yet.

<http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2007/05/11/prototype-of-a-typoscript-compiler-that-generates-a-php-array-build-with-flex-and-bison/>

Regards