[TYPO3-dev] relaease plans for typoe 4.2?

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:02:58 CEST 2007

> Besides "stdWrap" and "data" (aka getText), "if" is certainly something
> that has to be and will be improved. *
>
> What I am insisting on is that TS is a declarative not a procedural
> language. I wouldn't change that, but you do.

It doesn't matter what TS is. Nobody uses it except Typo3 community and it
is HARD to learn.

You are answering to my question like a programmer. I am talking about wider
perspective, not flame war TS vs. PHP. I understand you wouldn't change TS,
because you've learnt it. How long did it take? 2-3 years?

I didn't receive any answer to my previous questions? You keep avoiding
them. Let me hear the real arguments, not "I wouldn't change that, but you
do".

Do we have the same goal: to improve user base and number of installations?
Your insisting on tools that have long learning curve doesn't help much.

Obviously it is hard to influence in anything here, because you simply don't
want to have broader perspective. AFAIR even Dmitry complained how you
picked unproven Java Content Repository on your own.