[TYPO3-dev] relaease plans for typoe 4.2?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon May 7 20:30:26 CEST 2007

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> John Angel
>
>> I know several programming languages and still not used to TS. I suppose
>> never will, because it's a real mess, without syntax or error checking.

Syntax checking with proper error reporting and even those nifty popups
in an editor you might be used to (eg Microsofts IDEs) will be possible
with TS 2.0.

And you mix up the syntax with the names. Eg. PHP is (or was until they
added lots of OO to it) a simple language, yet the horrible (or not
really existent namings schemes) make it a mess.

Using $foo instead of foo will maybe look familiar for PHP programmers
but does not improve readibility for the majority of non programmers and
C/Java/Basic programmers.

> TS can be compared with CSS rather than programming languages.
> It just defines thing adding some conditions

My point.

Masi