[TYPO3-dev] file resources in translated records

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon May 7 16:17:51 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:mailman.1.1178546134.1843.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the process of translating records in BE, records are copied to the
>> translation record. If there are file resources in the record, these
>> files are copied too with new filename and new filereference.
>> This is in my eyes unneccessary. e.g. with my gallery extension
>> (sk_simplegallery) the pics are records. In case of having hundreds of
>> records with pics that may have more than 1MB disk space is explosing
>> with every translation.
>
> Have a look at the TCA docs. You can specify which fields are handled in
> what way by the translation framework.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

thx for pointing to that, so it's my fault.

I try to understand all language-directives, but i'm not sure.
Is this the right way for such fields ?
l10n_mode => 'noCopy'
Should i add this value to each fields or is there an default ?

Sry, but i don't have so much expierince with this language part, i looked
in tt_news to see an example of usage,
or do you know a better example ?

thx, vg  Steffen