[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Sat Mar 31 09:53:36 CEST 2007

> Isn't this the case with most extensions?
> I don't know tt_board at all, bit I have seen a lot of extensions
> heaving a different modus for different
> actions. Kickstarter creates by default single and list all on the
> single page.

Yes. Most extensions have a list and a single view page. If the list
results of a search form with, you should never cache the list else your
DB will be filled with pages for unlimited combinations of paramters. But
you want to index the single views for search. So you need a USER and a
USER_INT.

Did you ever test what the Kickstarter generates as example code if you
choose a plugin with search form and you choose the type USER? Test
that. If the kickstarter has not been improved, it will still use the
no_cache function for each call to the search form. That is how
beginners get started. I remember myself as beginner. That is the kind of
stuff you will find in TER as extensions thereafter.

I grepped kickstarter source:

kickstarter/sections/class.tx_kickstarter_section_pi.php line 979:

<input type="hidden" name="no_cache" value="1">

I grepped tt_news and got 4 hits for "no_cache".

Does anybody ask why TYPO3 is so slow?

Regards

Elmar