[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Fri Mar 30 09:02:18 CEST 2007

Hello Ries,

> nice explanation, and I go a bit OT and I will go to the extreme.
> The above method also means that if you have 50.000 posts,
> you will loose the complete cache for all posts, just because
> somebody else added a single other post.....
>
> I think I am right.... am I???
This would be the case only if all the 50 000 posts would be shown on
the same page. This would not make sense however. Only the 50 000 topics
of the posts will be shown. And this list must be regenerated with every
new post.

> It just means that if a typo3 installation is mostly community driven.
> Which means only a couple of pages but lots of forums and dynamic
> content from single plugins etc etc.
> Then the cache is almost useless if you have frequent additions to the
> board.

But it would be very usefull for a board with only a few additions a day.

Probably it would be better to make it possible that an extension can
change the cache of the page by itself and make additions or replace
some text by other text, change attributes.

- Franz