[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3] "Exploring the Core" project

mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Thu Mar 29 23:33:52 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 11:59 +1100, Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> Hi,
> having worked with TYPO3 for years and also developed a few extensions,
> I found out that I just don't know enough about the core. As most of
> the core documentation is more in the form of a reference than in the
> form of a tutorial,

yes, I agree

> I have decided to start a project called "Exploring
> the core". The idea is to go through the core's code and find out what
> it does and how. The progress and findings I will then document.

I think it is a very good idea, although maybe it will be somehow
difficult, if who designed the code does not help.

> Because I would love to do this together with like-minded people, I have
> started a new page on the wiki and if requested can also set up a
> mailing list. So have a look and tell me what you think about the
> address.
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Exploring_the_Core_Project

I`ll be very happy to see some progress.
For example, I would like to read something on the underlying design of
the page tree: how mysql tables + php code + javascript  have been
designed to work together.

good luck
mario

mario <chiari.hm at flashnet.it>