[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.1 - Server crashes

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Mar 26 20:21:44 CEST 2007

>> From this thoughts I would not expect performance gains by InnoDB,
>> rather the opposite. But theory is one thing. The other should be
>> benchmarking.
>
> Dmitry has repeatedly posted his success in using InnoDB in high-load
> situations where Myisam failed.
>
> Masi

Hi,

in the past people regularly told me that MySql is successfull in
webpages, because it so fast, because it doesn't manage any transactions.

Dmitry is the first one I find reporting the opposite for InnoDB. So here
are some benchmarks for MyIsam, InnoDB and Falcon:

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/01/08/innodb-vs-myisam-vs-falcon-benchmarks-part-1/

What can we conclude?

Regards

Elmar