[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.1 - Server crashes

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Sun Mar 25 01:18:02 CET 2007

> thanks for this hint. All caching tables used InnoDB. I changed this to
> myisam and as far i can see by now, the server load dropped by about 50%.
> I'll monitor this the next days, but the first results are really
> astonishing.
>
> Greetings
> Greg

Hi Greg,

InnoDB in comparism to MyIsam has much more features (transaction, ACID),
but they cost time, speed, RAM and other resources. They are important for
secure money transfers etc. For a simple web search index this costs are
rather of disadvantage. The index tables can simply be rebuild if
they are damaged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innodb

Regards

Elmar