[TYPO3-dev] Google Summer of code 2007

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Mar 22 12:02:57 CET 2007

Hi.

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Let's hope that TYPO3 Association is ready this year !

I busted it, sorry.

After the GA (I talked to some people about SoC at the GA) I wanted to
apply on behalf of the T3A. So the day after the GA weekend Dominic even
emailed me 'application starts tomorrow', and I thought, hey, cool.

It turned out that was *students* applications, as mentoring orgs could
apply between 7th and 12th of March, IIRC. This was announced on 2nd of
March or so. So we are not on the list of mentoring orgs.

Now, this means that even students cannot apply on their own, as only
projects supported by a mentoring org are eligible for SoC
participation. "if you've got a project of your own, try to find a
mentoring org that might have some interest in it" - well, looking at
the list of mentoring orgs I don't think the chances are good.

Sorry for not being able to fix this for us the second year in a row.
You may slay me for this during T3DD07, if you wish.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns