[TYPO3-dev] Global Constant

Alban Cousinié ace at mind2machine.com
Thu Mar 22 09:18:50 CET 2007

Maybe you could create a frontend plugin that is inserted in any page using
a typoscript such as :
lib.myplugin < plugin.tx_myextension_pi1

then from this plugin you could store your global value in the front-end
session (which remains constant from page to page an truly is a global value
storage place).

Then from the plugin you might be able to edit $GLOBALS['TSFE'] and alter
the RTE configuration before it is evaluated by typo3 (I'm not 100% sure
Typo3 will take account of your changes though) (the RTE configuration can
be found in $GLOBALS['TSFE']->rootline->0[TSconfig])

TIP : in order to view the content of $GLOBALS['TSFE'], in your plugin
main() function, place the following code :

print_r($GLOBALS['TSFE']);die();

Then view the page with your browser and show the source in order to get a
proper display of the table hierarchy contained in $GLOBALS['TSFE']

Regards,

Alban Cousinié