[TYPO3-dev] Optimizing last 20 query

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:29:17 CET 2007

John Angel wrote:
>>> It makes things even worse. Now we have "Using temporary":
>>
>> But are that a temporary table in memory or on disk?
>
> Dmitry said it is worst case scenario?

"Using filesort" is worst because it means selecting to disk, than
walking those records on the disk for sorting. So [at least] double-pass
disk activity. "Using temporary" is not good but if you can have all
tables in memory - it is not so bad. Amount of memory-vs-disk temporary
tables can be seen from mysql statistics.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs