[TYPO3-dev] Conditional display for BE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Fri Mar 16 19:13:40 CET 2007

Al Chuck kirjoitti:
> Tapio - you just partly answered my question.
> First to clarify, what I meant by pages.shortcut>0, is the shortcut field in "pages" table.
> " user and page is unknown in the state," , they are unknown at "ext_tables.php" ?

AFAIK yes. I tried once for BE_USER based condition but found that the
information is not read, when ext_tables.php has been read.
I presume that the same concerns TS config for pages too.
ext_tables.php has basic level conditions and they are read, when you
*login*.

> which means something like this can be done on ext_tables.php :
> $query = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery('*', 'pages'. 'shortcut>0 and content_from_pid>0', '', ''. '');

because you are not seaching for certain page id, at that respect no
problem.

> But I am not able to access $GLOBAL on ext_tables.php.

they you can't do conditions based on $GLOBALS.