[TYPO3-dev] FYI nested sets on the pages table

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Mar 12 23:44:04 CET 2007

Hey ,

after the discussion in the thread 'Typo3 Performance',
we where discussion the about if we could use Celko's neted
set to improve performance using specific operations.

The extension I made is called : nestedsets_pages.

What does it do? When a page get's inserted, move or updated
a complete nested set is generated for the complete page tree.

What else does it do? Nothing....

This extension is made for developers to do testing if the
theory can be put into practice and if we can really speedup
some operations by using nested sets.

What else?
The extension doesn't create indexes on the lid and rid's,
nor the code to create the pagetree is optimized in anyway.
I will leave that up for the people that want to play with
nested sets.

cheers,
Ries