[TYPO3-dev] Request for cleanup of typo3 database schema

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Mar 10 18:24:00 CET 2007

Sven Wilhelm schrieb:

> I started to cleanup all int(xx) fields to INTEGERS,

Can you explain to me why? DBAL will create integer fields anyway (in
the installer/EM), so why bother with the tables.sql files? Or do you
mean DECIMAL?

FYI: The number in brackes does not signify the range of the integer,
but the default column width used in the shell. It can be omitted. And
INTEGER is just a synonyum for INT.

Note: the tables.sql files are not meant to be fed directly into a
server that's not Mysql. Any changes to allow that are IMHO pointless.
We should only make sure they contain only definitions that are portable
and can be handled by DBAL.

 > most int(1|3|4) to BOOLEAN

Ouch. TYPO3 uses "pseudoboolean=1" in the SQL queries. Doesn't that
worry PostgreSQL?

 > and all blob types to TEXT.

As I have said, this should be ok, but please report if you stuble
across real BLOBs.

Masi