[TYPO3-dev] T3ONE.com

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Thu Mar 8 08:38:50 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

> all I can see in this thread is that there seem to be many people with too
> much spare time! Isn't this exactly what the platform is going to

Good joke!

> improve? ;-)
>
> After all, this is just a beta test of a product which may become a central
> part of TYPO3 in near future, but of course it will need time until it fits
> all our needs. So why is everybody so pessimistic?
>
> As far as I can see, the big problem here was that this was communicated so
> early. Contrary to what people like you Elmar often ask for, it seems that
> releasing early has been a wrong strategy for this project.

Not in contrary. To publish early is the kings way, if you develop in a
communty. Bugs can be fixed early before it is to late. That is also true
in this case. To publish it now is one of the better ideas.

But even an alpha version of a community platform doesn't belong onto a
private page, but below typo3.org. I will not be the last one to be
irritated and worried by this procedure.

The deployment has a severe bug. Fix it soon.

Additional mayor functionality like public accessable infomation parts and
helpfull documentation is missing. A development of such a state we
typically set to alpha. In open source a beta should be a version of enogh
functionality to be called a product and with full documentation in a
testing phase.

Regards

Elmar