[TYPO3-dev] extending indexed_search by search in date range

Beate Sommer beate.sommer at macdev.de
Wed Mar 7 20:20:16 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Beate Sommer schrieb:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I had a look at the indexed_search sources and thought it shouldn't be
>> a to difficult extending it by a search by date.
>
> Really? If you think the code is easy to read you're qualified to do job
> yourself :-) I've always trouble understanding the way which queries are
> generated and why.

Okay maybe I have to much selfconfidence ;-) I just thought to extend
class.tx_indecedsearch.php by a new method dateRangeWhere() in
execFinalQuery() like the mediaTypeWhere() method is doing. I would try
to check for the item_mtime. Of course still there needs to be done the
SQL for it and there needs to be done the interface to for the Dateinput.
I would just do this as a patch inside the indexed_search. Would this be
okay? Or should it be done by a new extension?

Bea