[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:08:14 CET 2007

> Tables? I think you meant columns (aka fields). But why? As a developer I
> have to create the table and flex form structure anyway. And for columns
> there is already the TCA, so I see no need to autoconvert a flexform TCA
> entry into a column TCA entry.

Not only fields, I mean new tables per FlexForm, having specific fields,
defined in XML.

Goal: to be able to search using SQL.

As far as I know, all FlexForm data is stored in XML (one row having one XML
field)), which is extremely slow to search. This way all data will be stored
in real table and fields (one row having dozens of fields), making possible
to use simple SQL queries.