[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 4 20:44:34 CET 2007

John Angel schrieb:
>> Anyway, I don't think that doing selects on XML data will speed up
>> things. It must be horroble performance wise as the DB has to parse
>> the XML for each row found!
>
> I thought that object oriented database would store XML as real objects.
>
> Why moving to new database model if there is no benefit for FlexForms?

Because IMHO it was a bad move by the DB industry. As I see it the XML
hype forced them to add native XML support for queries. But if you think
about it, you'll see that querying XML needs more CPU power than
querying simple data types. We're just talking about improving
performance, not about wasting more CPU cycles.

Masi