[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Sun Mar 4 16:41:13 CET 2007

John Angel schrieb:
>> Well, this is not truly realistic for 4.x and 5.0 decided to use JSR
>> for data storage...
>
> Will it be possible to search xml flexforms using sql with jsr?

AFAIK, this JSR thingy is just a standardized API. If JSR allows to
search in XML structures via SQL then it must be implemented by the
repository. It may use a native implementen by a RDBMS to do so, but it
could emulate it.

Anyway, I don't think that doing selects on XML data will speed up
things. It must be horroble performance wise as the DB has to parse the
XML for each row found!

Masi