[TYPO3-dev] GIFs cannot be cropscaled in 4.1 RC2 - bug or wrong setup?

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Sat Mar 3 15:03:56 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure if it is only in 4.1 RC2 - but I can't cropscale GIF images. The images get scaled to the defined width, but the height isn't cropped. Instead sometimes the image keeps it's original aspectratio and only the content of the image seems to be cropped, but then scaled up to the original imageratio again.

But with JPGs everything is fine. Can anybody confirm this behavior? I'm not sure if this isn't a problem with my server imageprocessing possibilities.

My setup:
----------
ImageMagick enabled: 1
ImageMagick path: /usr/bin/ (6.2.4)
ImageMagick path/LZW: /usr/bin/ (6.2.4)
Version 5/GraphicsMagick flag: im6

GDLib enabled: 1
GDLib using PNG: 0
GDLib 2 enabled: 1
IM5 effects enabled: 0 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
Freetype DPI: 96 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
Mask invert: 1 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)

I tried some variations with forced PNGs for GDLib, without PNGs, with TruecolorPNGs and without - but the images always stay GIFs and the bug occurs.

All image-tests seem ok, except of two. Converting JPG to GIF (black instead of white background) and the niceText feature isn't working (doesn't matter if GDLib2 is en- or disabled). But I don't need these functions.

Any ideas?

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch