[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Fri Mar 2 18:04:34 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov" <9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1172851518.16808.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Can you explain this model in short or give me a pointer to an online
>> resource?
>
> This model was proposed by Oracle DB expert Joe Celko. Generally it marks
> branches of the tree with consecutive numbers so that when you want to
> fetch root path or get the whole branch, you just need to issue query with
> two numbers. Example:
>
>                     |- C (3,4)
>         |- B (2, 7)-|
> A(1,14)-|           |- D (5,6)
>         |           |
>         |- E (8,13)-|- F (9,10)
>                     |- G (11,12)
>
> For example, to get a root line of F, exec this simple sql:
>
> select t2.uid from table t2, table t1 where t1.num1 between t2.num1 and
> t2.num2 and t1.num1=9
>
> Here num1 is the first number (i.e. 1 for A) and num2 is the second (14
> for A).
>
> That's all. Now imagine if you have index that consists from
> (uid,num1,num2)...
>
> Celko's article:
> http://www.intelligententerprise.com/001020/celko.jhtml?_requestid=235427
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
>
> Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
> Skype: callto:liels_bugs
>
> "It is our choices, that show what we truly are,
> far more than our abilities." (A.P.W.B.D.)

This is exactly the model i thought about. If Ries has done the
implementation, it would be nice if he can show us his solution, or lets do
an extension which hooks TCE this way. This give us the possibility to play
with this options and compare with the original version to make some
benchmarks.

I know this model needs some advanced understanding of trees, but i think
the result is an efficient time saving process.

vg  Steffen