[TYPO3-dev] MM relations with meta data

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jun 28 15:49:33 CEST 2007

Hi Elmar,

"Elmar Hinz" <elmar.DOT.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1183037674.27068.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello Steffen, Wolfgang and others who may know this,
>
> as you seem to have some deeper insight into the complex TCE classes,
> maybe
> you can answer this questionss:
>
> To work on with CCF
> (http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2006/09/14/tep-common-category-framework-ccf/)
> I need a common mm table for different relations to the category tree. At
> least one meta information field is needed for each mm entry. The task
> of this field is to store a flag that keeps the different types of
> relations apart.
>
> a) Do the recent T3 versions provide the possibility to store such meta
> informations together with mm relations? (TCE) If yes, how is this to do?
>
> b) Is it possible to filter a flagged subselection from an mm table into
> backend form select inputs? (TCA) If yes, how is this to do?
>
> Regards
>
> Elmar

the mm-Table only stores the relation from localTable to foreignTable using
uid's.
In your foreign table you can store data as you like, also the
meta-informations. For an easier handling (like you need for filtering) you
can use the MM-Selectfunctions of the DBclass which makes the joins for you.
For subselecting in TCA you can use the foreignTable-settings in TCA as
usual.

Hope that helps you.

vg  Steffen