[TYPO3-dev] page not found with redirect

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Thu Jun 21 02:22:52 CEST 2007

Hi,
because a client wanted to have TYPO3 functionality in his 'page not
found' page, I tried to use a redirect as explained in
http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-4-0-1-404/.
Now the problem is that even though I'm using 4.1.1, I do not see an
error code of 404. This is ok if I use READFILE:... but with the
redirect to a TYPO3 page, I get a 302 redirect and when the TYPO3 page
is fetched it will have the usual error code 200. As the actual error
page is fetched through a normal GET (as a result of the redirect), I
see no reason why TYPO3 would know that this is supposed to be a 404.
However, the article does not mention anything about marking the page as
a 404 page. So what am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Cheers,
Christian