[TYPO3-dev] EM and the TER (tt_news related)

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Jun 18 19:47:06 CEST 2007

Hello Martin,

> I have a 4.1 installation and my extension list is said to be
> up-to-date. But when I look-up tt_news I get version 2.2.24 suggested.
> If I don't click on the install icon (the arrow pointing to the left),
> but on the title to see the details, I get newer versions (up to 2.5.0).
> But I cannot install any version higher than 2.2.24 because of this error:
>
> Error: The datatransfer did not succeed. Error: MD5 hash of downloaded
> file not as expected:
> 6af32be6b30895fc7f85cc1616182657 !=
>
> Is my installation broken or is something wrong with TER?

you must click on the Retrieve/Update button from the 'Import
extensions' menu in EM. Otherwise it might still compare with older MD5
hash sums of an older upload of an extension under the same version.
This always produces this error message without any hint how to solve it.
But in your case the MD5 sum seems to be empty.

At the moment I end up in this error message:

Error: The extension MD5 sum could not be fetched from
http://ter.rz.tu-clausthal.de/ter/extensions.md5. Possible reasons:
network problems, allow_url_fopen is off, curl is not enabled in Install
tool.

After some minutes this is working now again.

- Franz