[TYPO3-dev] eID with cObj

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Jun 13 15:16:28 CEST 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 7:35 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Hi Ries,
>
> "ries van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.322659.1181736342.21067.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> What Popy is saying is
>>
>> that initializing a complete FE the 'same' as using a page type
>> to get the content using Ajax.
>>
>> So if you need to do something complex and need TS objects
>> you are better off using a pagetype.
>>
>> Ries
>>

> this may be true, but:
> eID is called fom JS with giveb parameters, the eID-handler doesn't
> care of
> the pageID and direct calls the registered file,
> so this method may work with different calls, but not with eID.
> Or do you know how to join both methods ?
>
> vg  Steffen

hey Steffen,

like you said before (I think) eID is used for doing ajax style calls
fast. For example to get 10 records from the DB matching XYZ.

it is not designed for image rendering etc...

The only 'good' thing with eID is that you don't need a pageID
and that it's supposed to be fast.

Sending a pageID and a type is generally not a big deal
since that can be done in your setup easily.

so for me instead of using eID and trying to initialize myself,
I started to use the type parameter and sending the pageID.

This gives me full (slow) TYPO3 FE, but often I need to do
complex operations anyways like user authentication (Often needed
with ajax style calls) and image generation

Ries