[TYPO3-dev] How can I detect a logged in fronted user?

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Wed Jun 13 10:38:56 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Why don't you use a proxy in front of the server? This would cache the pages
> according to various cache-control headers.
>
> All you need to do is to
> 1) set up a proxy system
> 2) enable config.sendCacheHeaders = 1
> 3) avoid any INT/EXT inclusion scripts (no USER_INT objects!)
>
> (Well, I know that you want a solution using nc_staticfilecache, but still
> I'm curious about the drawbacks of this solution...)

Michael,

I am creating a 'just works' and 'easy to implement' solution which will
even work well on shared hosting environments. A lot of people that have
access to a TYPO3 hosting environment with mod_rewrite and mod_expires
will benefit greatly from a staticfilecache extension.

This target group does not have the time / resources to set up a
dedicated proxy for their small to medium sized sites.

So the drawback of the proxy system solution is that is is
time/knowledge/resource/cost intensive.

A staticfilecache extension serves as "a poor man's proxy".

But sure, if you are a large company and the extra server/service does
not hurt you or your IT staff. Go the dedicated proxy way. I totally
agree with you.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos