[TYPO3-dev] Localization with regions

Hraklis Karvasonis Hkarvasonis at customit.com
Tue Jun 12 18:06:54 CEST 2007

Hi all.

I have setup a multilingual website in Typo3 4.1 with Templavoila.

I have set up some languages, but i would like to create also content
for some specific regions within a language.

For example, i have language english and german.

I have added also 2 more languages, which are the german regions.
For example, "North German" and "South German".

So, for one page i have 4 versions.
The english, the german, the Ngerman and the Sgerman.

Each one is associated with a different sys_language_uid.

Do you have any idea on how i could implement that, so when someone is
viewing a page of the Sgerman region, the page will show first the
content from the German language and then it will check if there is some
additional content to display for the Sgerman region?

If i use the 'content_fallback' mode, the Sgerman page will show the
German content only when there is not an Alternative Page Language
record for the Sgreman page. I would like the SGerman page to use that
mode when there is an Alternative Page Language and show both the German
and Sgerman content.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Hraklis Karvasonis.