[TYPO3-dev] Problem with extending RTE

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Fri Jun 8 11:00:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

I need to make custom tags with the RTE in its link-popup from my own
records. So I display my records in a new tab in the popup (like Page,
File,...) and this is absolutly no problem.

If I select a record, I need to get a custom tag like
<RGLINK ID>text</RGLINK> to process the link later on (not important here).

The problem is that there seems the only function is
editor.renderPopup_addLink(theLink,cur_target,cur_class,cur_title);

and the variable theLink just holds the href-part of the link. There it
is getting very complex and all what I would need 2 functions
1) to get the text and its custom tag arount back into the RTE window
2) close the popup.

tinyRTE and htmlarea use the same functions here.

Any help would be really cool.
Georg