[TYPO3-dev] Strange ACL

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Mon Jun 4 22:20:37 CEST 2007

John Angel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed the strange things with Typo3 Access Control List.
>
> 1) When creating the new page, Typo3 should set the same access group as
> it is in the parent page. Instead, it uses default creator's group.
>
> 2) If both users are from the same group, one user cannot move page the
> other user has created.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Regards,
> John

Hey John,

That is probably because the sticky bit is missing. At a university project we
worked on this was hacked into the core, because this is a much needed feature.
On the other hand you can also use be_acl by Sebastian. It is not fully
developed, but ready for use anyway. You can put a backend acl anywhere with a
user or group and automagically all pages from the parent onward are accessible
by the group or user.

Your second question I don't know.

gRTz

ben