[TYPO3-dev] Localization/Translation Team?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu Jul 26 17:13:57 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry and the rest
Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> On the other hand I think that I can let slip this one:
>> For typo3.org it is planed that in the future everybody will be able
>> to help translating extensions!
>
> Bad idea. How do you check that someone put a good translation for
> Korean or Russian?

I think there will be a very fine control, because korean and russian
users of typo3 are interested in good and understandable phrases that
explain the system they are using. Therefore they will correct what is
wrong, as i would do with a lot of misspelled or misleading german phrases.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a central language extension
where all those phrases are stored that are needed in the core and in a
lot of extensions, so that they have not to be translated for each and
every extension time and again? Things like 'save', 'next', 'previous',
'firstname'? This way one could gain a better a consistency in wording
and save developers a lot of time. One would need a tool, a developer
can search, so that he/she knows which file/key to use?

Regards, Uschi