[TYPO3-dev] checking form inputs with a spamfilter

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Tue Jul 24 11:53:13 CEST 2007

Hello all

Some time ago I created a lib which allows to send form inputs through a
bayes filter (at least under unixoid systems ;-) It's available from
sourceforge, public domain, under the project name "spfgb". The point is
that, unlike captcha, it works fully transparent. My guestbook is quite
clean since then.

Reading the thread about captcha-API I thought it might be nice to have
something similar für bayes filtering. I think about getting my filtered
guestbook into my private typo3-website anyway, but if I am the only one
needing it I will do it as a quick and dirty hack.

Right now the lib only supports spamprobe. I often think about using
spamassassin (spamc) as well which would allow me to use one filter for
all (mails, guestbooks, feedback forms...) but I did not yet have the
time. Of course I have no objections against somebody else doing it
(that's why I put it on sourceforge ;-)

Regards
    Peter

--