[TYPO3-dev] development process

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 00:50:18 CEST 2007

As a matter of interest, this is something we've overcome by using a
combination of:
- migration scripts similar to RoR
- versioning the database structure outside of the TCA/TYPO3 DB
definitions (which isn't really well structured)
- ...and versionining the data in separate files

Big problem with TYPO3 is that the DB are still extremely badly
organised, despite all our best efforts(!). So the best thing is to
apply the most atomic versioning and build control you can to the tables
to reduce the problem space when merging databases.

dan
3ev.com