[TYPO3-dev] Change foreign TS from extension

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jul 19 20:08:09 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1184831434.15694.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i read foreign TS with statement
>> $newsConf=$GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->setup['plugin.']['tt_news.'];
>>
>> now i tried to set it like
>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->setup['plugin.']['tt_news.']['categorySelection']='1,3';
>>
>> but that doesn't work.
>
> You want to chage the TS at runtime? Is a section in the  manual not
> enough? Or make a TS temnplate that has to be loaded after the other
> plugins TS template to override the settings.
>
> Masi

This was exactly my approach. I have in one page
- own extension for selecting categories in a special way
- news list
- news single

atm i solved it by using tx_ttnews[cat] with my extension, but i'm limited
to one category (+ subcategories)

I looked at all hooks in tt_news, but noone has the possibility to
manipulate the conf.. So my idea was to override TS-setting for tt_news.

I don't get the idea of your second advice ;-)

vg  Steffen