[TYPO3-dev] typoscript objects and static cache

Asbjørn Morell atmorell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:31:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

Just a quick update. I talked to Benjamin Mack who created the bestfilecache
extension. By his instructions I moved the lib.agents = USER after the
plugin.tx_dropdownlistmenu_pi1 copy commnad.

like this:

before: (cache ok but form not working)
lib.agents = USER
lib.agents < plugin.tx_dropdownlistmenu_pi1
 lib.agents {

after: (cache and form working)
lib.agents < plugin.tx_dropdownlistmenu_pi1
lib.agents = USER
 lib.agents {

The searchbox worked after changing it to COA
lib.searchbox = COA

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.
Asbjørn Morell.

"Asbjørn Morell" <atmorell at gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen
news:mailman.1.1184576123.9441.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello,
>
> Thank you both for your answers. Well the search box works with cache if I
> change it to lib.searchbox = COA. However the dropdownmenu does not work
> when I change it to USER. Page is cached - but form is not generated :/
> This is the extension I am using for the dropdown menu:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dropdown_list_menu/1.4.0/view/1/2/
>

> Best regards.
> Asbjørn Morell.
>

> "Michiel Roos [netcreators]" <michiel at netcreators.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> news:mailman.1.1184320702.12836.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi Asbjørn,
>>
>> It should work if you:
>> - have a search results landing page for your search box.
>> - have a landing page for your form results.
>>
>> All other pages in the site not containing forms should be statically
>> cachable.
>>
>> Does the dropdownlist actually need to be dynamic? Does it work when you
>> change it to USER? (just put lib.agents = USER)
>>
>> What about the search box? Does it need to be a COA_INT? If it has it's
>> own landing page, it does not need to. In that case, make it a COA
>> object:
>>
>> lib.searchbox = COA
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> In the last version of nc_staticfilecache you can even cache USER_INT
>> plugins (well some at least, in special cases). Say you have a randomly
>> changing background (through a changing css snippet in the head) and
>> still want the background to change and the pages to be cached
>> statically. This would mean that you will need to make the css changer
>> object a USER object. And then you need to actively clear the static file
>> cache periodically. The cleaner script that comes with nc_staticfilecache
>> will actively clear the cache for you as often as you like (taking into
>> account the pages exipry time).
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>

>> Michiel Roos
>>

>>> I have a pretty basic TYPO3 website. There is a search from and
>>> dropdownmenu on every page. These two forms are typoscripts objects that
>>> is initialized from a Templavoila object patch. However I can't get any
>>> static cache working. If I comment out the two objects - cache is
>>> working again. I tried the extension nc_staticfilecache and
>>> bestfilecache. Any ideas about how I can get these two objects working
>>> with static cache?
>>>
>>> # Agents
>>> lib.agents = USER_INT
>>> lib.agents < plugin.tx_dropdownlistmenu_pi1
>>> lib.agents {
>>>
>>> # You can define the starting point directly in TS
> [...]
>>> lib.searchbox {
>>> stdWrap.prefixComment = 2 | lib.searchbox
>>> 10 = TEXT
>>> 10.typolink.parameter = {$plugin.tx_indexedsearch.searchUID}
>>> 10.typolink.returnLast = url
>>> 10.wrap = <form action="|" method="post" id="indexedsearch">
>>> 20 = COA