[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Feature 5899: Notify user where required elements are nested in IRRE or Tabs

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sun Jul 15 11:01:27 CEST 2007

Hi Developers!

Imagine the situation that you use an extension with several Tabs and
maybe since TYPO3 4.1 also with Inline Relational Record Editing.
And now imagine that you have several fields on some of these levels or
sections (IRRE & Tabs) that are required. Thus, TYPO3 informs you if one
or more fields were not filled correctly. But on using a complex form
set it'll take some time to find those yellow marks and the missing fields.

This is the reason I created a new feature which puts this yellow
notification mark also to Tabs and the header of IRRE elements.

I'm now requesting for your comments and your opinion on this feature.
Especially I'd like to know how you'd like to be notified by such a
feature (with the new yellow marks, with a dialog or e.g. with a
functionality that takes you to the next missing field).

The patch against the current Trunk (TYPO3 4.2dev), a test extension and
a screenshot of how it looks like can be found in the TYPO3 bugtracker:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5899

Thanks in advance!

olly
--