[TYPO3-dev] Best practice for ajax use in BE?

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Wed Jul 11 20:22:55 CEST 2007

Believe me, with JQuery it is really fun to write Javascript. I use this
library almost every day and I found it very consistent.

I looked at the documentation of prototype and I still would advice
JQuery. It is less code to write ! If you google the web, you can find
links like this :

http://michael.futreal.com/blog/0000052
http://jquery.com/blog/2006/08/20/why-jquerys-philosophy-is-better/

 >> look at the speedtest: http://extjs.com/playpen/slickspeed
JQuery is fast enought. It seems there are some myths about the topic :
http://ajaxian.com/archives/css-selectors-speed-myths

Ajax library is often a matter of taste and habit and it really depends
on your needs. If your needs are DOM manipulation, than JQuery is
perfect choice.

regards,

Fabien