[TYPO3-dev] Best practice for ajax use in BE?

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Wed Jul 11 14:00:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am coming a bit late on the topic but, anyway, I would like to share
my experience about javascript libraries.

Personnally, I always have good experiences with JQuery
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/jquery/1.1.3/

In my opinion, it is a good candidate for the following reasons :

- the library has a light "footprint" (20kb)

- the documentation is well done and accessible :
   http://www.visualjquery.com/1.1.2.html
   more documentations and tutorials on http://jquery.com/

- It can be encapsulated to avoid conflicts with other libraries.

- It has been build with modularity in mind. So, it is possible to
extend JQuery with hundred of plugins. JQuery is very good at DOM
manipulation. By default, it has "limited" visual effects. However this
can be changed here : http://jquery.com/plugins.

- The community is very active and its creator, John Resig, is almost a
  genius of Javascript. (he works at Mozilla now.)

I could add more points... I discover new things every day, but here are
the most important points for me.

kind regards,

Fabien