[TYPO3-dev] Best practice for authentication of BE-Users in Third Party Software

Andreas Beutel beutel at mehrwert.de
Mon Jul 9 13:10:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

im the current maintainer of the phpMyAdmin extension and I want to
update PMA to the latest version.

So far the traditional concepts known to me and derived from my research
result in »TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "sv" was NOT loaded!
(t3lib_extMgm::extPath)«.

I did some research on available methods of authentication of BE-Users
in third party software in TYPO3. My focus was trying to find out if T3
4.x brought some new functions or changes but I did not find any helpful
information (examples). I also investigated the few available extensions
with the same problem - also with no satisfying result.

So I ask if anyone can point me to some sort of documentation or example
on how to integrate T3 BE Auth into a third party software. I cannot use
the t3lib_SCbase because I do not want to modify the original code of
PMA. I'd like to integrate the auth-check in the config file of PMA (as
it was before) so any PMA file is affected (and »protected«).

Regards,
Andreas